My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, U.S. Outlying Islands

Monday, January 26, 2009

Just Say No

No great fan of Nancy (or Ronald) Reagan, I still honor the usefulness of her simple anti-drug phrase. Now I apply it to the culture, and I am nervous about where it may take me. Watching Barack Obama take office, I plumb the my doubts about my country. Can we live without the things we never should have accepted? Can we even assemble an appropriate list.

Perhaps if I start with the things that were obvious to me, their offensiveness shocking me as people around me nodding in sage acceptance:

When did a "Christian nation" ever even imagine, much less adopt as political writ, the idea that if we must fight, it is better to take the fight to the enemy's homeland than to endure it in our own? {Note to the perplexed, right here where I am now, we are a Christian nation. If this doesn't include you, don't feel left out! It's just a fact here.}

I am so dazzled by that one, I think I need to take a break before going further ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home